- Canada is warming at twice the global average and Calgary has the highest per capita carbon emissions among Canadian cities, second only to Toronto for total emissions.
- Calgary is feeling the impact; 7 of Canada’s 10 worst natural disasters have happened in Alberta with floods, wildfire smoke and hail having direct impacts on our quality of life in Calgary.
- Markets are responding and Calgary can’t be left behind; virtually all auto manufacturers are electrifying their fleets.
How I Will Take Action:
- While Enmax has committed to net-zero by 2050, I will work towards setting interim targets to ensure we meet our goals.
- I will advocate for increased electric vehicle infrastructure, as well as working towards net-zero for municipally owned buildings.
- Advocate for the doubling of Calgary’s tree canopy and public lawn alternatives that are less water intensive.
- Support improvements to our transit system including completion of the Green Line to the North and Bus Rapid Transit up Centre St.